What is Medical Dermatology?
There are common concerns that one will seek out a dermatologist — acne, rosacea, melasma, warts, and more. While these are all common, it can be difficult to rid these from your body without the help of a dedicated and trained professional. At Brickell Cosmetic Center in Miami, FL, we offer medical dermatology to our Pinecrest, Key Biscayne, and Miami Beach, FL patients so we can help you evaluate and diagnose issues with your skin. Whether you have acne that you can't control, rosacea that makes you constantly feel embarrassed, a wart you can't get rid of, or something else, our dedicated team can help you get the healthy skin you deserve and desire. Call dermatologist Dr. Lauren Dozier to schedule an appointment today.
Medical Dermatology Reviews
"Dr Dozier is an excellent Dermatologist whose knowledge is only rivaled by her superb professionalism and bedside manner. The clinic is beautiful and the staff wonderful, highly recommend."- W.N. / Google / Oct 11, 2020
"I go to BCC for both medical and cosmetic dermatology needs and Dr. Dozier and her team are excellent. Kind, attentive, great with follow-up calls and they always make me feel comfortable and at-ease. I am so happy I found them!"- S.E. / Google / Jul 03, 2021
"My experience with Dr. Dozier at Brickel Cosmetic was nothing short of incredible! She is a very talented Cosmetic dermatologist that made me feel at ease both with the procedure I was getting done and with the potential side effects and aftercare. I strongly recommend her for her dermatology skills and for her bubbly personality! What a find!"- S.B. / Google / Mar 18, 2021
"Highly recommend this clinic for all your dermatology needs. Julie and the entire team are amazing. The doctor is also fantastic and very patient for those client new to fillers. She takes her time to help you determine what you need and customizes to offer the best testaments. The clinic uses the latest technology, including Morpheus which I highly recommend!"- S.N. / Google / Apr 23, 2023
"If you’re looking for a top-notch cosmetic center, look no further than Brickell Cosmetic Center. I recently went there for a mole removal on my face, and I have to say, it was a fantastic experience.First of all, the greeting at the front desk was exceptional. The staff was warm and friendly, making me feel right at home from the get-go. And speaking of staff, the nursing team was fantastic. They were kind, patient, and very knowledgeable, which made me feel confident and comfortable throughout the process.But the real standout was Dr. Dozier herself. She was extremely knowledgeable and took the time to explain everything to me in detail, from the procedure itself to what to expect during recovery. She made me feel at ease and answered all my questions, which I really appreciated.Overall, I would highly recommend Brickell Cosmetic Center for any cosmetic/dermatology needs you may have. The team is professional, knowledgeable, and caring, making the entire experience a positive one. So if you’re looking for a cosmetic center that will take great care of you, be sure to check them out!"- L.L. / Yelp / May 09, 2023
What Can I Expect from My Dermatology Appointment?
Your dermatology appointment at Brickell Cosmetic Center will largely depend on why you are visiting Dr. Dozier. Brickell Cosmetic Center is equipped to diagnose and treat a number of issues. Some of the most common reasons Miami, FL men and women visit our office are:
- Rosacea: Rosacea is a skin condition that causes the skin to appear red and most commonly occurs on the nose and cheeks. While it can be embarrassing, there are a lot of treatment options available, such as medication, creams, lotions, laser treatments, and more.
- Melasma: Melasma is the appearance of irregular dark patches of skin on the face or forearms. These patches of skin are often brown and occur symmetrically over areas, like the eyebrows, cheeks, nose, and upper lip. Often caused by sun damage or hormonal changes, there are several treatment options, like topical creams and lotions, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, laser treatments, and more.
- Warts: Warts are often found on the fingers, hands, feet, and around the nails. While there are a variety of causes, warts can often be frozen off or removed with a chemical treatment. In some cases, scraping or cutting off the wart, as well as laser treatments or chemical peels, could also help.
- Acne: Acne affects many people and is often caused by a combination of bacteria, clogged pores, and dead skin cells. There are a variety of over-the-counter medications and at-home care products to reduce acne; however, sometimes something stronger is needed, like prescription medications or topical creams, laser treatments, chemical peels, and more.
- Rash: "Rash" is a general term that could include hives, heat rash, athlete's foot, dermatitis, and more. Just as there's not just one cause of rashes, there are a variety of solutions. Oftentimes, an antifungal, antibacterial, or topical cream can be used to treat your rash.
- Nail Disorder: Nail disorders can be caused by fungal or bacterial infections, viruses, liver disease, lung cancer, and more. While treatment is based on the root cause, antibiotics, antifungals, and anti-inflammation creams are all known to help reduce nail disorders.
Treat Your Skin Issues
Whether you have acne, rosacea, a nasty rash, or something else, dermatologist Dr. Lauren Dozier can help you diagnose, treat, and manage your skin issues. While some problems can be embarrassing, unsightly, or just won't seem to go away, Dr. Dozier and her team can employ state-of-the-art techniques to help you feel comfortable in your skin once again. For more information on how we can help with your acne, rosacea, warts, rashes, nail disorder, or melasma, contact our Miami, FL office today.